If you're thinking about creating a forest of food from scratch, or considering retrofitting an existing orchard or stand of trees, or adding trees to a mature garden it can be hard to know where to start. How do you design to create a harmonious environment for beneficial and productive plants, and discourage pests and disease? You'll find out the answers to such thorny questions as these, and much much more.
- How much room does a tree need? Won't I overcrowd it by underplanting?
- can I feed different fruit trees without buying specialised fertilisers?
- Will fruit be carried and spread into the bush?
- Are there any trees you shouldn't plant under?
- Do fruit trees all need pollinating by other trees?
- How much care, attention food air light & water do all these extra plants need?
Whether you're starting off in in 2 square meters or overhauling two hectares, many of the same strategies apply. Our upcoming free course in association with TAFE and the blue mountains community gardens in Katoomba will help you on your way.
Phone Denise on 4753 2039 or email email@example.com to secure your place.